Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ben and Jeremy hiking










Jeremy, my brother Steve and I thought we'd go for a hike yesterday afternoon on the backside of Mt Ben Lomand. These are pictures of the first look out point, about one or two miles into the 7 or 8 mile hike to the top of Mt. Ben Lomand (which is in NORTH Ogden). It was a bit much of a hike for Jeremy as he is only four, five next month, so we turned around to go back down the trail. Jeremy didn't know what we meant when we said we were going on a hike, I think he thought a walk somewhere and was just excited to go do something with me and Steve. Maybe I can do this hike again before snow falls in November and get pictures with a better camera and not just the cell phone.

The nice part to this is these are in my back yard, I see them every day and I don't have to travel around the world to see them or to hike them.

After we got home we took Jeremy and Alex to the end of the end of the Raptors baseball game (Single A baseball- the LA Dodgers minor league team). The Raptors haven't lost a home game when Tommy Lasorda has been at te games scouting. Here has been in town the last 2 nights and was at the game last night. Jeremy got a ball at the game on Thursday night and got it autographed by Tommy.

The mountains here in North Ogden have arguably some of the greatest scenery in the world. It is comparable to the green hills of England and the mountains of Switzerland and many areas of Alaska. And I've seen parts of each of these beautiful areas of the world.

Ben

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ben, don't make me homesick!!! I love that hike and someday want to take my kids on it. I don't think Lynar has been on it either. It is very pretty from the top. Glad you were able to do it!!!