Thursday, September 9, 2010

Isaac's new love



The other day, I was at my sister Becky's in Logan and I was driving down the road from her house to head home.  I saw this cute little old man in his front yard.  He sees me and stands up from his chair and starts waving frantically at me. He's holding something in his hands. I didn't want to upset him (I had no idea who he was!) so I pulled over to the side.  He proceeds to give me four things of corn.  He said he grows them every year.  He told me he was born in like 1925 (I think that's what he said) so he's in his 90's.  He has lived in the same house since the 40's.  He built the home. He said he has lived in Millville all his life. He was so cute. I called my sister later to find out who he was and she said he was in her ward and is so cute.  He is a widower and one day he collapsed in church and told a nurse who was there to just let him go because he missed his wife so much! Well anyway I went home and cooked the corn up.  It was so good! We gave a half to Alex to chomp on and boy did he! He carried it around the house and if you tried to get it away from him, he would scream!

No comments: