Friday, November 2, 2012

Brigham City temple open house and dedication

We attended the Brigham City temple open house in September.  It was a really neat experience, especially considering that Brigham City is where I grew up.  It was neat to share with my kids some of the experiences I had growing up there.

This is the tabernacle across the street from the temple.  I graduated seminary from there


My sister Kim came through with us and brought her granddaughter Auria.  She is a cutie and my boys love her!

The day of the temple dedication held a special significance for me.  It marked the 10 year anniversary of my Mom's death.  I really wanted to go to her gravesite that day because even though it was a hard day for me, it was also a really neat day because I know that she  and my dad are so happy that Brigham now has a temple.
My brother Jeremy, who our Jeremy is named after, was born the day before my Mom's death, back in 1976. Jeremy is posing by his gravesite.  Jeremy has always had a curiosity about who he was named after. 

This is my parents headstone

Beautiful site!


No comments: