Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jai the bunny






Recently, we inherited a new pet.  The boys have had a fish or two and even a little frog, but since Jeremy has allergies to dogs and cats, we just haven't gotten anything more than that. So a few weeks ago, Grandma Gerritsen goes into her garage and finds a bunny has taken residence there.  Grandpa wasn't too happy because the bunny was eating his tomato plants.  So after a few days of this, they asked us to capture it. We went to the local IFA and purchased a cage, food, etc. (it is quite expensive by the way!) and set about to capture it.  It took a couple of days but the bunny was finally coerced into the cage.  The boys set about to name it and everyone picked a name. Jeremy picked Jai for Jeremy, Alex and Isaac, Alex wanted Ninja, I can't remember what I picked and Dad picked Thumper. We put all the names in a hat and Grandma picked...Jai.  So Jai it is.  He is a good bunny.  I think he got out of someone's cage. I had taken Jeremy once to an IFA to see little chicks and baby bunnies and he broke out in big hives.  He told me with Jai he wasn't breaking out.  So I thought the allergy was gone.  I try to let Jai jump around the yard once a day.  Well one of those days, Jeremy caught him and I told him to hold him close to his chest so that he wouldn't get away.  We got Jai back in the cage and I noticed that Jeremy had huge hives all over him.  He was one miserable boy, not only because of the hives but to know he was still allergic to bunnies! But we all still love Jai and hope he's around for awhile.

No comments: