Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial day


Isaac loved sitting in the caretaker's 4 wheeler

sea of flags

beautiful scenery

Vocalocity

presentation of flags



The US flag that so many have fought for!

Bagpipers coming in

Honor guard

Scottish bagpipers

One part of my job as an insurance agent is being a pre-need sales agent.  What that means is that I can sell funeral plans for those that want to plan and pay for their funeral before it happens.  I think this is very important, especially since I have lost both of my parents and neither of those were planned.  But when my grandparents died, it was so nice and easy on the family to have the funeral paid for.  So I really believe in this.  I work for a local mortuary, Myers mortuary.  They are in Brigham City (where my parents were cared for), Ogden (where my mom's parents were cared for), Roy and Layton. They also own a cemetery in Ogden.  It's called Evergreen Memorial Park.  It is a very nice cemetery and for Memorial Day, they put out a huge amount of flags out.  They ask us as pre-need agents to be there for all of Memorial weekend to help people find grave markers, etc. They also do a Veteran's remembrance program Sunday night with bagpipers, an honor guard and a local vocal group.  It was very nice and I enjoyed it all.

No comments: