Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to school!

Jeremy at Back to School night the day before he started school.  He got to meet his teacher and see his classroom and desk for the first time.

Jeremy's teacher Mrs. Powell

First day of school. This is in front of the school.

The principal Mr. Rhees with the boys.

Alex and Jeremy go to breakfast in the morning at the school.

Alex's first day.  Jeremy insisted that Alex had a picture in front of the house just like he did when he started school.

Alex's new backpack.  It's Mario, which Alex loves!

Hanging up his backpack.  He has his own hook.

Alex's teacher Mrs. Judkins

Finding his cubby with all his supplies!

Alex's desk.

I have to say that I don't remember if I got choked up when Jeremy started school.  He was so excited to start, especially after 3 years of preschool. And he rode the bus.  But with Alex, we live just down the street from the school and they get to walk back and forth each day.  I had been walking with Alex down to the school the first week that Jeremy started because Jeremy started a week before Alex.  I wanted Alex to get used to going to breakfast with Jeremy and going to school. You would think that doing this would have prepared me to send Alex off to school that next week.  But as I went to walk home after I dropped Alex at his class, I was pretty tearful and chocked up!! It was such a weird experience.  I am an emotional person but this seemed strange to me! I guess it really hit me that now I have two kids in school! And we had talked for quite awhile about when Alex would start and now he was! But aside from that, I am so proud of my boys.  They love school and we were going to go to the school in our old neighborhood because Jeremy was still in the Spanish program.  But when school was getting closer, the boys really wanted to go and check out North Ogden because it was where all their new friends were going and they see it all the time.  So we went and checked it out one day and the boys just fell in love.  And as a Mom, that's all that you want, for your kids to be happy.  So even though Mom and Dad were a little sad to see Jeremy not continuing to learn Spanish, we know that one day he can decide to go back to it or do whatever he would like to.  Majestic was a great school for Jeremy and I appreciate all the memories there but I am excited for new memories that are already being made (and Ben loves that the boys are going to his Alma Mater, even though it's not the original school that he went to).

No comments: