Sunday, June 24, 2012

Father's Day

For Father's Day this year, the boys made fun little surveys in Primary for their dads. I wanted to include what the boys said about their dad:
My dad is ___ years old. Jeremy said 35 (he's almost 35).  Alex said 22.  Isaac said 2.
My dad is really strong, he could lift a _____. Jeremy said a 80 pound weight. Alex said a chair. Isaac said a lot.
My dad's favorite color is _____.  Alex said blue (he was right). Jeremy didn't know and Isaac didn't answer any more questions.
My dad's favorite food is _____. Jeremy & Alex didn't know.
My dad always says ______. Jeremy said be nice. Alex said clean your room.
My dad is the best at _____. Jeremy said being a dad. Alex said games.
My dad's job is _____.  Jeremy said a mortgage guy. Alex said mortgages.
My dad laughs when ____.  Jeremy said something happens. Alex said we tickle him.
If my dad had time, he would love to _____.  Jeremy said play with me. Alex said go to the park.
My dad and I like to ____. Jeremy said play baseball together.  Alex said go places.
My dad really loves to ____.  Jeremy said he didn't know.  Alex said to play baseball.
I love my dad because ____. Jeremy said he's a great dad.  Alex said he goes to the store.

I have to say that I think Ben is a great dad.  It isn't easy being a dad to three active boys but he really does try and I am grateful that despite being busy a lot of the time with work, he talks to the boys when he can about things that are important (his work, the gospel, healthy eating, things that are going on around the world, how important school is, etc.) and loves to take them to the park and play ball with them.
The boys gave him some BYU shorts and a regular pair of shorts to wear around.

 But the big surprise was a BBQ.  The boys were so excited to give it to him.  He suggested we blind fold him.

No comments: