Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day!

This year for Memorial Day, we were able to visit graves from Jen's side of the family. With the price of gas, going down to Salt Lake to see Ben's side of the family was pretty costly so we felt like when we are down in Salt Lake for something else, we would visit the graves. So we headed to Brigham City, where Jen's parents and little brother Jeremy (who Jeremy is named after) are buried. Then we went to North Ogden, where Jen's mom's parents are buried and finally to South Ogden, where Jen's dad's parents are buried. We love those who have passed on before us and honor their memories! Also, on the morning of Memorial Day, it was very rainy and the boys went outside in between the rain storms and without me knowing, had decided to play in some puddles. So trying to learn from other parents suggestions, instead of getting mad, I let the boys play to their hearts' content and have a ball! I even videotaped it!












3 comments:

Megan said...

WOW! I am impressed that you didn't get mad...I don't think I would have been able to keep my cool. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Jen that is really neat that you are teaching your boys to honor our previous generations. I know you really miss your mom. I know she is proud of the mom you are. Asia

Asia said...

Jen, I think it is great that you are teaching your boys to respect and honor pervious generations/their ancestry. I know you miss your mom. I know she is proud of the mom you are. Asia