Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dinsdale reunion






A few weeks ago, my family gathered for a long overdue reunion of my dad's family. We haven't got together like this since my grandparents 60th anniversary clear back in 1986. So it was a big deal. My uncle came in with most of his kids and their families from Houston, TX and Arizona. My three aunts all came and a lot of their families. We also had my grandpa's half brother and his wife come on the first night. The first night we went to a park in Perry, UT (where I was raised-my brother Jeff put this whole reunion together!) and had dinner and we chatted, the kids played and we talked about my grandparents. Then the next day was at a park in Brigham City, UT. There we had brunch and dinner. The kids played games and had fun. Jeremy got to go in the dunk tank before it started pouring rain. We also gathered for a big picture, a talent show and a slide show. It was so neat and fun for my kids to meet my family. My kids had never met my uncle, who I hadn't seen since Ben and I's wedding. I felt my dad's presence there very strongly. He was the one to get his family together and when he died, that kinda died with him.

No comments: