Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


For the 4th, we went to North Ogden Cherry Days. We were late getting the kids to the kids parade but they still loved riding their bikes on the street. It was Alex's first time so he was in heaven. We then had really good seats for the parade, under a tree and near the first of the parade. The kids got lots of candy and had fun with their friends and cousins. I was pretty disappointed in the parade because it was like one big advertisement. Only maybe two actual floats. The rest were local businesses advertising themselves. I grew up going to Peach Days in Brigham City that had fun floats that people would spend hours making. My favorites though were the Shriners hospital with the belly dancers and guys with the big swords. There were also these old men that would dress in trappers clothes and shot off these big guns! I wish they were still around so my kids could see! We then had lunch with Ben's family then went to a baptism of a little girl in our ward. She was so cute! The boys got to play with her brother after at their house. They played Star Wars and were in heaven because there were a few other boys playing too. Ben did yardwork and other things. We didn't get to the fireworks because I was pretty swollen and so Ben just took the boys and watched from the road.

1 comment:

Kasie said...

Hey Jen its Kasie Kap (from Flying J). I came across your family through a friend of mine...its so good to see you and your cute family. I see your having another one...How have you been? Working?